Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Snakes on a plane?

Turbulence, my dear friends, is a very nasty thing. After more than 10 flights I thought I’ve overcome my fear of flying – but yesterday’s flight made sure that won’t happen for a very long time. The weather was very nice on taking off, the wind wasn’t that strong, but even when we were still on the track, the plane was going from left to right with full speed. The situation in the air wasn’t much nicer, it took approximately 20 min for the plane to normalize, during which time some people almost peed their pants (I’m not saying any names). On the other side, I think I took it a little more serious than I should have, because the old man next to me was sitting completely calm and reading the magazine…. while I was about to break the seat handles! Either that, or he didn’t care if we crash or not – he’s lived his life after all. That’s all nice and smooth, grandpa, but I (just decided) I wanna live! Anyway, apart from all the shaking on taking off and landing, the rest of the journey back to Aber was completely normal – for the first time. No missed trains, no delayed trains, no need to sleep on a bench – that’s so poetic I’m gonna drop a tear.
Four beautiful exams lie ahead of me and I should really get on revising because I decided I don’t like failing. Then a summer full of looking for a job and… looking for a job. It’s all nice and swell given that we still don’t have a place to stay. However, I’ve adopted a new tactic called “positive thinking” according to which I have to think everything will work out. And if it doesn’t, we’ll be positively sleeping in the park.
On another positive side, Joe hasn’t come up with anything new, but seeing the clouds from above was one of the most beautiful things I’ve seen and I hope it would give me something to write about. If not, again, I’ll be positively doing nothing. Bye-bye now, I’m going to revise positively.

No comments:

Post a Comment