Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Floor of Shame

"Dear diary of mine,
my life is so totally fine!
It all just sucks, and I ain't got anything right
to wear at that fancy dress party tonight!

It's been 2 days since my last shopping
and absolutely nothing fits me, fuck!
And my stupid parents cut the money coming -
I just wanna die, I'm so out of luck!

And all these exams, oh my god!
Who cares that I'm gonna flunk?
I should pay a geek to do it, nothing odd,
and then I'll get totally drunk!

I've now perfected dancing like a whore,
and I can pulk my lips exactly like a duck!
If I have too much, I just throw up on the floor,
then I give blow jobs in my truck!

I'm just so proud of myself so far,
but I wish my parents weren't so fucked up!
Oh, it's time to get my brand new car,
and then, diary, I'll buy me some Barbie makeup!

xoxo"

There's a tragedy I wanna laugh about,
a comedy that's worth crying for
The throat is dry, but I wanna shout -
to warn you for the tar about to pour

For every second you get weaker,
I'm getting twice as stronger
Because you were all immortal once,
but chose to do the deathbed dance

For you I was a photographer, a hair dresser,
a make-up artist for a penny lesser
A petty poet, a midnight dancer,
a comfort shoulder, a simple answer

And my hairs went white,
the pictures burnt in smoke
The dance became a fight,
my stories were mocked
The words began to bite,
my shoulder broke

Therefore - to all the bastards and the liars,
I have an announcement to make:
I am done apologising,
go love something fake!

Keep your hands in dirty pockets,
Concrete your feet to the ground
Keep your eyes in your bloody sockets
And try to live a day without a sound

Even if I'm crushed each day
by wretched flaws like you,
I don't wanna know the price you pay
to those keeping you under their shoes

The legacy you'll leave to drown
is nothing more but a pile of bricks -
a pathetic society of clowns
from which it makes me sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment