Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Saddest Word, Part 2

And here I am again. It’s really been a while, and my only excuse is I’ve been really busy to write anything. When I wasn’t, I just didn’t know what to say, or how. But I wrote something, and given the fact I only write when I’m angry or sad, you could guess it’s not a cheer-upper. This time is a mixture of both, with sadness prevailing. I am happy in general, but I’ve been thinking about different things, remembering long lost memories, and I just decided to write this time. I guess I’m also sad about the passing of Robin Williams. I’ll be honest, he wasn’t my absolute favorite actor, but still I enjoyed his films, and the other night when I read the news, I just broke down and cried for about 10 minutes. Everyone’s calling it a tragedy, and it is – the fact that we’ve created a society in which we all wear masks of perfection and happiness, because no one wants to see the rotting underneath. We’re all Dorian Gray, we all have our pictures…. Rest in peace, Genie, you’re free.

Cheers to our broken hearts
Cheers to our sons at war
Cheers to man-made gods departed
Cheers to naked corpses cold

Here's to families no longer whole
Here's to childhoods in cold and grey
To mum and dad and their lost souls
Here's to driving children far away

For the ungrateful I will make a toast
For their emptiness and selfish days
For they, too, hide skeletons and ghosts
For who would love them, led so astray?

To the believers, driven me to disbelief
I raise a glass - may you find your path
For the weak I would devour all your grief
And feed it to the demons of wrath

Ashes always buried in the ground
Farewell my youth I've never felt
In darkness I may be forever bound

But don't take the hands I've hardly held

No comments:

Post a Comment