Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Saddest Word Ever

Well, what do you know, two posts for one day… Or not, it’s 4 minutes after 12 already. My muse came a little late, I guess. I have no intention of explaining my latest piece of crap, so just read along.

 

I've been on the track to the Great divide
a couple of times - that is how I've lost my mind
Going once, going twice, now I'm sold into slavery
to the big open world without any bravery

Imagine the crossroad of your life
with multiple directions, each pointed by a knife
There's the back - a dark room in your brain
There's ahead - a future going insane
There's right and left - people killing people
And there's you - alone, standing in the middle...

There's a rose bush in my home
that only blooms at the break of dawn
And I've got fireflies by the window,
and icicles in the snow
And I will give you ladybugs in a jar -
the best job I've done so far...

In the future, in the mirror
you will look at your eyes
and will not even remember
that I used to look in them too once

And the spiral will start spinning,
the sphere will keep on wheeling
One rose will fade, another one will flower
There'll be new figures on the board,
and the past will be devoured

The fireflies all flew away
to another window next to which to stay
Life has just begun, I know, and you'll forget about me
How foolish could we have been, for we did not see......

No comments:

Post a Comment