Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Aw, what a cute wittle baby!

I held a baby today for the first time in my life. No matter how little they are, babies are capable of what grownups aren’t – fixing someone’s mood. Mine, in particular. I don’t even know why I’ve been feeling like crap but having a new life around you can really kick out any suicidal thoughts you might be having and show you life IS worth living. Besides, they smell cute…. when their diper’s not full. I could barely hold the little guy – he was so small I was afraid not to break him. Lucky kid – still doesn’t know anything about selfishness or malice. Aaaand I’m going down to my hole again… I have to be around babies more often… which doesn’t mean I want one of my own. I’m not very sure I have a way with kids. Maybe because most kids I see every day don’t fit the phrase “Children are our future”. Whoever thought of toy guns is a fucking bastard. And people who don’t know how to raise kids shouldn’t have ones. But the point is – every new life brings joy and shows you there are more important things than your weekly depression, your boredom, your attention seeking and your melodramatic bullshit. Babies don’t care how good you are at being a drama queen – they need you to teach them how to be better than you….

No comments:

Post a Comment