Saturday, May 29, 2010

Recap

Okay, time for a longer post. I’m one exam and 6 days away from going home for summer. The former is on the 3rd and I’m catching a bus for Manchester Airport on the 4th in the morning. My flight is at 6:30am on the 5th…. unless certain volcanoes decide something else, in which case there are gonna be consequences! This is my last week as a fresher – I never really thought about that till a few days ago. I just hope I’ll pass my exams and won’t have to come back in August to re-take them. Then I can have 4 whole months at home – I’ll probably work somewhere, but I’ll still be home. So I decided to take a recap of the past 8 months. Going to university in another country gave me a lot and took a lot. I had to learn to live without my parents and take care of things they usually take care of. I endured the worst day of my life which, unincidentally, was also my first day in England. I met a lot of new people, got some new and good friends, put and end of two old friendships that I’m probably gonna miss a lot. I got very noisy and messy flatmates I had a few good times with. I found love in the wrongest of wrong places, got blown off, and still don’t care about that – someday someone will come without me searching desperately and he will care. Moving on – on a brighter note, my CD collection increased immensely, as well as all the weird gothic stuff I love so much. ^^ I got an insight into psychology and politics, and hopefully, I’ll get a deeper insight next year. I got a freaking facebook – and all the people who wanted me to get it now barely log in! As for the things I didn’t get – a goth looking vegetarian straight edge boyfriend, a sports centre card, swimming in the sports centre pool, rock climbing, horse riding, getting confidence to talk in seminars, eat marshmallows around a camp fire…. well, let’s hope I’ll do these things in my second year. I finally got my income bursary and paid my deposit for the house for next year – so now I officially have a house, and a room just for myself and this time I’m gonna live with people I like. I already packed most of my stuff, those I’m gonna leave here – some of my friends are staying here so they’re gonna take it in their house for the summer. I can’t believe I’ve brought (and bought) so many stuff…. they all fit in exactly 3 suitcases….. Girls will be girls, unfortunately. OH, I almost forgot! I found that people here actually CARE about vegetarians and got introduced to the wonderful quorn food I’m gonna miss at home…. again, I hope I’ll stay in Bulgaria for the whole summer. The exams weren’t that hard, but I’m still not sure if they’re gonna like what I’ve written or if I hadn’t made a mistake in some of the calculations…. Anyway, I won’t know until June 15th, so I can have 2 weeks for myself.
This post is beginning to get a bit large, and I think it’s time to finish it. The next one will probably come from Bulgaria…. again, if some volcano doesn’t decide something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment