Sunday, May 2, 2010

Can you paint your pain?

I finally did a bit of volunteering today. I joined the volunteers group in the university before Easter and today 5 of us went to paint an old lady’s apartment. I got the kitchen and the color blue… which is better than my friends who got the bathroom…. and pink. I still have paint over my nails. Fortunately, my clothes got away with the paint, but my jeans got a little bloody. Which brings me to my next story. I started jogging last week with a friend of mine around the neighbourhood, and on Wednesday we were just starting to run and the next thing I know, I was on the ground, face down, with my training suit torn at the knee, my palms and knees peeled and bloody. I don’t know if I tripped or lost my balance. Thank goodness I didn’t break anything. My palms have almost healed, and as for the knees – one of them is in all colors of the rainbow, and the other doesn’t seem to even want to start healing. Its wound’s bigger and I can’t bend my leg properly, or stretch it properly for that matter. So today when I had to crouch to paint to lower part of the wall the wound opened and started to bleed. Buuut it will be alright. It’s gonna leave me a nice scar, but it’s gonna be alright…. like I don’t have enough scars all over my legs. Every school I’ve studied in has left its mark on me legs. 8th I was chasing a tennis ball or something and ran into one of the big stone flower pots in front of my high school. My leg’s still a little concave where it met the pot. One year later, I fell down the stairs, sat on my left leg and sledged like that a few stairs down. My leg’s still a little black and blue. And now I’ll remember my first year in university with a new mark on my knee. I’m seriously considering giving up jogging. At least for a while. Despite that… I’m okay. A little bit more bipolar than usual, but hey, who isn’t? And today made me feel good about myself… which doesn’t happen very often. It really warms your black little heart when you help someone with something they can’t do themselves. Alright, enough talking, gotta wash the paint off my nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment