Wednesday, October 2, 2013

We, the Dark

Weell, what do ya know, I wrote something! It’s surprising how helpful reading what you’ve written before can be. Throw in some pondering over the absurdity of mankind, and you got yourself a scribble. The pondering is, as usual, so camouflaged in my weird way of writing that you may not really notice it’s there, but it is, trust me. I called it “We, the Dark”, because I’ve had the phrase in my head for the last few days and I thought it’s just fitting. So, enjoy!

Welcome, my dear, to the end of the world -
where we drown in our tears, in our man-made flood!
There's a place for every traitor under the sun,
there's a bullet for every sinner under the gun!

With our heads in the clouds and our feet on the ground,
we get lost in the crowds of little faceless clowns
Dignity is most often too high to climb
And vanity is welcome only at special times

Your life is a book where nothing really happens
Your dreams became so small they don't really matter
You're the bad guy in someone else's storyline
just like I'm the one in yours, eternally entwined:

A horned beast in a river of trees
Naked, exhausted, tormented it drinks
From a poisoned well in a whirlpool of winds
Grinning and growling, awaiting to be skinned.

Walking backwards and hitting the currents
See-through phantoms is what we've become -
the curse of our parents
and the children of the new millennium

You ruined me, I made you -
found you washed up on the shores
You broke me like a piece of statue
puppeteers, my strings are yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment