Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Today this small favor I’m asking

All the essays and reports are done and submitted, and I had time to come up with a new scribble. I started it a couple of weeks ago, but I really wanted to finish something of the stuff I have in mind, so I quickly thought of an ending – and I’m not saying it’s a good ending. Actually, I had the ending and the beginning, I just needed something to fill in the middle. xD The title, without a doubt, is a nod to AFI’s The Interview, which is one of my favorite songs. As for the quote – I read it in class once, and I really liked it. I think it’s another version of what Davey says in The Interview. For some reason, I was occupied with the idea who would miss me if I die… I know, I know, I sound emo – stop reading then! xD So there it is, enjoy.. or don’t.

“Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old Times is still a-flying:
And this same flower that smiles today,
Tomorrow will be dying...”

Imagine me gone
Imagine me dead
Imagine a stone
Over my head

Imagine a song
the chorus would sing
Imagine a bell -
The bell and its ring

Imagine the tears -
no tears at all
Imagine the smiles
as you're watching me fall

I imagine I speak -
but no one believes
I imagine I repeat -
heart bleeding on my sleeve

I imagined I dream -
a simple song in the dark -
and I saw me scream
with no lights in the park

I've never been that good at lying
Trust me, trust me, I'm a liar
I've never been that good at dying
Watch me, watch me, I'm on fire!

And one day you'll wake up,
but I won't be here
because I dared,
and wished to disappear

And I imagined me gone
I imagined me dead
And they put a stone
Over my head

No comments:

Post a Comment