Friday, March 5, 2010

Abbey Road

I went to Liverpool yesterday. The trip I mentioned a while ago finally happened. It was indeed a great day, although it didn’t start that great. We left Aber at 9 in the morning, and just after we got out of town, the bus broke. So we had to wait half an hour for another bus to come and as a result, left an hour later, at 10. We arrived in Liverpool at 1pm, and because we had lost one hour, they gave us half an hour more before we leave in the evening so we can have enough time to see the museum. And the museum… well, it was magnificent. One part of it was a marine museum, with boat and submarine models – I even saw Titanic. The African slavery museum was on the third floor – now that’s what I call a museum. It had everything – from authentic clothes and weapons to the fucking KKK robe. There were screens everywhere and you could put headphones and listen to stories of former slaves, look at models of sugar plantations while they explain how they lived there. There was something like a room in the middle, dark and small, with two big screens, where they showed you what was it is like to transport you on a slave ship – the darkness and the small space were very contributing for the psychological effects. Also, there was a “wall of fame” with famous black people – Martin Luther King Jr., Malcolm X, Obama, etc. I spent most of the time in the museum, took a lot of photos and videos and around 4 I went out to have a look around the area, but stayed close ‘cause I was not in the mood to get lost. xD Byy the way, I am an idiot. It took me about an hour after I got in Liverpool to fucking remember the Beatles are from there! Seriously, how stupid can you be to forget that? Anyway, I got myself a Beatles magnet so that I don’t forget again. Plus, I saw their official store, and there was also an exhibition called “The story of Beatles”, but I didn’t have time to go and see it. At least the weather was okay and I managed to walk around, but not too far, as said before, took some more pictures and at 5pm we left for Aber. I enjoyed my alone day – I didn’t know anyone from the other people who came, no one sat next to me on the bus – but I didn’t care much. At least I didn’t follow anyone and managed to go and see whatever I liked in the museum. But the next time I wouldn’t mind having some of my friends with me, so that I can get lost properly and not care about it. All in all, that was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment