Thursday, April 1, 2010

April 31st, Part 2

My muse struck me suddenly. I was reading something about stuff we, the children of the 90s, most notably the children of the 90s in Bulgaria, used to do. And it got me thinking how everything is completely upside down now. Like they said in “Live Freaky! Die Freaky!”: Stop the Earth! I wanna get off!!! I want that too… But if it was easy, it wouldn’t be fun, I guess. So, there you go, the “sequel” to April 31st. :]

We were young, we were stupid
But we were happy, we were lucid
We used to stay up late on the streets
Running in the fields is where we used to meet

We used to summon ghosts
holding hands with closed eyes
No, we weren't lost -
we played hide and seek and threw a dice

We used to ride our bikes around
Our laughter used to be the only sound
We used to shelter homeless dogs and wounded birds
Being good, naive and loving was not absurd

We used to go to the beach at night
We used to count all the stars in the sky
We used to see each other and smile in delight
No one told us that this someday will die

I turned around for just a second
and found myself in a malignant place
'Twas not my world of joy, I reckoned
'Twas a place that doesn't judge your heart,
                              but your face

It's a place where you don't belong
unless you get in their rat race
of who's gonna make another broken song
and sell it to be played in space

It's a place where they make a bet -
how many hearts can you break a day?
How many tears can you stake on the set?
It wasn't you who made the game, you say?

A place that's upside down
Where the evil is in fashion
and gets its award in an evening gown
while the good gets laughed at with
                            the greatest passion

Bad people with bad tastes
With bad choices that go to waste
Ignoring love, burying peace
Killing life piece by piece

Darkness, death, hatred, pain -
along the line something went wrong
Sadness, blood, tears in vain -
this is not where you and I belong

We were young, we were stupid
But we were happy, we were lucid..........

No comments:

Post a Comment