Sunday, November 16, 2008

Western Hospitality

Went to an exhibition of universities yesterday in our country's f**king capital - the one place I hate more than my home town. It was great, now I'm even more convinced where and what I want to study. We were looking for the hotel where the exhibition was (never, in a million years have I thought I'd ever enter any Hilton hotel) and we asked a guy on the street for the direction. He just said importantly: I don't know! Sheesh... like he sniffed right away we're not from there and probably has a policy of not helping provincials. Half of the population there is NOT native, but once they get there, they turn up their noses. Hopefully, in a year's time I'll be somewhere else and will have forgotten all that. No new scribbles today, but don't worry - the minute I get angry, I'll think of something. Back to the capital - the good thing is I bought a book based on LOST and when I finish Witches Abroad by Terry Pratchett, I'll immediately begin reading it! Hey, maybe I'll write something based on my time there, who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment