Monday, October 26, 2009

One month down, a lifetime to go

Today’s the one month anniversary since we arrived in Aberystwyth. And the chances of me getting used to all this are still vague. It’s also my grandma’s birthday today, so Happy Birthday, grandma! I would kill to be home right now. And all the bureaucratic crap, documents, assignments try to bring me down. A friend of mine just told me: I don’t know what to tell you except the good old cliche, “Don’t worry, things will get better”. I wish I had a remote to fast forward to that day. Everyone else around me seems to be getting used to this situation much easier than me. But I’m holding on – slipping on every third step, but still holding on. I haven’t had time to think about any new scribbles, and I’m beginning to wonder if I’ll write something anytime soon except essays and reports… Well, whatever, enough whining for tonight, I hope tomorrow will be a better day… or else!

No comments:

Post a Comment