Sunday, January 23, 2011

Long since past

Two posts in one day, uuuunbelievable!

"-Hi again! How are you? Been a while.
-I'm still the same.
-I went over the clouds and back, can you give me a smile?
-I'm not gonna change.
-I brought you pieces of a shooting star!
-They were someone else's home.
-They are said to heal the scars!
-My scars are long time gone..
-Hey, what's wrong, are you crying?
-No, I got something in my eye.
-What is it, darling?
-A memory of me and I..."

I watched her from the hill of sand,
She was wearing blue at the age of nine
It seemed like no one else was around
The time, the place, the dusk were only mine

She was swinging by herself,
gazing at the sea
and a horizon with no sunset,
then she turned and looked at me

She stared, was scared, but finally dared
to question my answer, still unprepared
"-Hi again, how are you? Been a while.
-Do I know you from somewhere?
-No, but I know your smile.
-How long have you been standing there?
-All my life, for all I know.
-I am sorry, I didn't see you.
-You will, in the mirror, when you grow.
-Will I be sad like you are too?"

And that was it. I said nothing more,
she once again looked at the shore.
I decided to hide all the pain and the slur
that there was ever going to be.
I laughed at her,
she cried for me.

"-I have to go.
-I have to stay...
Where are you going?
-Far away.
-Can I come and visit? Just for a while?
-You'll be there forever, don't forget your smile.
-Then can I say goodbye, can I give you a kiss?
-No.
-But why?
-...Because you don't exist."

1 comment: