Sunday, December 4, 2011

“Only the weak are not lonely”

I’m not dead, in case anyone’s started to worry. I just didn’t have time to write here, I’ve been busy with uni work and being happy. Basically that’s it, nothing ground-breaking has happened, but you’ll get a recap anyway.
University stuff is almost done, I’m starting the interviews for my dissertation tomorrow, extremely excited about that – I’m dying to talk about music anyway, so that’s gonna be fun. After that I need to transcribe them (or at least start, it’s really tedious) and I’m off to home on Friday. The last course work is being submitted tomorrow, it’s a research proposal for a study that we’re interested in but won’t conduct ourselves. I never thought I’d get that interested in robotics and artificial intelligence, but the cognitive part of it seems really fascinating, especially the implications of human cognition in robots. When I did the presentation at my seminar, I feared that I’m talking complete nonsense and my idea is physically impossible. However, I got only positive comments from my peers and couldn’t stop smiling the entire day. Let’s hope my teacher’s mark will be nice too.
As for the “being happy” part – well, that’s not really your business, I just wanted to let the evil wishers know I’m doing okay, so – BOOYA!

However, one thing that contributed to me being happy was FINALLY getting my hands on Nightwish’s Imaginaerum yesterday. The ones who know me have probably guessed I haven’t stopped listening to it and won’t stop at least for the next month. It’s absolutely brilliant, lyrically and musically, and especially vocally – Marco sounds great as usual, and so does Anette. I never thought I’d say that, I wasn’t a big fan of hers, but her voice is amazing in this album. I fell in love with Slow, Love, Slow – it has such a dark jazz vibe, plus her singing… absolutely stunning. I can’t wait for the movie now, I’m sure it will be magical as well.

Like I said somewhere up there, I’m going home on Friday. It’s gonna be another almost 12-hour wait at the airport, but 3-4 movies should do it. I just hope nothing will screw up, because my rule number 1 is: Always assume the worst so it doesn’t happen. No, actually that’s my second rule, the first one is “Always look up” (I don’t know why, don’t ask). And then home for an entire month to pester my puppy! I might even get some snow, if it decides to get colder.
Still no new scribbles, haven’t been in a creative mood lately. At least you don’t get to read crap, haha! So I guess that’s all for now, the next post will fly from home… so all the volcanoes better watch out! Alrighty, bye-bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment