Tuesday, January 28, 2014

C

Since I’m not writing any scribbles, I thought I’d share another extract from “the book”. As usual – no touchy-touchy.

 

To my unborn Child:
………………………………………….

…you and I will probably disagree about everything. You will hurry to get out of the Cradle and grow up, I will run after you to put you back in. And if you won’t take my advice for anything else, take it for this. You will have plenty of time to be an adult – not so much to be a Child. So trust me when I say I will do my best to prepare you for that time while you’re growing up. Yes, sometimes I will be nosy. Yes, I will be pushy. And yes, I will probably be annoying. It won’t be because I don’t believe or respect you – it’s just a motherly instinct to look out for your young (or a phantom instinct, in my case). And then, one day, time will come for you to leave home and Chase your own future. I won’t stop you, even though it may break my heart – I’ll just hope I’ve prepared you well enough - because from that day on, you will be the maker of your own destiny. You will be the one taking your own decisions and Choosing what’s best for you. And if I don’t agree with something you do, no matter how good my intentions are, remember this: You don’t live your life for your mother, or your father, or for anyone else. And if you spend all your time trying to make everyone happy – whose life are you living? I’m not saying to never listen to me – just listen to yourself as well. It won’t mean you’ve deserted or betrayed your family – they will always be there. Your home will always be yours, you’ll carry them with you wherever you go. But you can’t discover that “wherever” from the comfort of home. The hardest things in life are usually the best – there’s something, someone, somewhere for you to find them. So go - the world is waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment