Thursday, January 30, 2014

S

With the rate I’m going, there won’t be anything left to be published. Well, in the likely chance it’s not (<- statement connected to the extract), I’ll just post the whole thing here. And for the third time – no touchy-touchy!

 

The Soul is an amazing concept. Do we even have one? Is it really there? Or is it just Something religion came up with to Scare the masses. I’ve always been in two minds about pretty much everything, and this is no exception. I guess it’s just another way to portray my duality, my constant questioning and wandering between the Spiritual and the logical. It’s not Something unusual, everyone (some more than others) at some point in their life has pondered over the big questions: What are we? Why are we here? Is this all there is, is there Something else, Somewhere, beyond the visible? I’ve never been on good terms with logic or rationality, but 99% of the time I do the “right” thing and try to listen to my head. And 99% of the time I only believe in something if I can See it. 99% of the time I think there is no magic in the world, no Spiritual layer of the universe, nothing that Special at all – just balls of gas and rock orbiting around in perfect logic. 99% of the time I bow down to Society’s whims and rules. Every bigger dream I dare have gets Shot down in my head 99% of the time. Just 99% of the time... And I realised that the remaining 1% is the tiny voice in my mind constantly Shouting “What if?” – 99% of the time Silenced by logic, but Shouting nonetheless, Screaming at me that everything’s possible. It’s where hope comes from, where love is born and reborn time and again, where your true Strength lies. And what I found is that this 1% is the human Soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment