Monday, December 15, 2008

Walks In The Shadow...

... And a goodbye-kiss... :D Joking. The new scribble is just Walks In The Shadow, I wrote it... today, obviously. It's dedicated to a friend of mine, we're on kinda bad terms with each other now, but I hope everything will get better. I mean, I wrote a whole scribble for him! So there it is, enjoy.

It never rains in your part of the world
It's never green on your side of the street
You put your nightmares in tales to be told
Then put the mask and start talking to me

I don't want to decorate my words
I see no point - they're gonna rot and blur
Lies may last, but I can't lie to you
And where's my own mask - I don't even have a clue

They don't want us in heaven, they don't want us in hell
Our souls are free agents, cast away by their spell
An unspeakable magic soon to be decomposed
A righteous misdeed turned down before it's proposed

You begin where I fail
You succeed when I can't
You can look beyond the veil
While I'm passing there as I meant

We had a colour of our own
But how could they even know?
Since they made away with it all
In empty space now we fall

I'm done here for now and I will leave you at rest
But I'll come back here some day, and take you as my guest
Show you round, under dead branches, where there's no living bird
And a colour of your own that doesn't cover the dirt


P.S. - Apparently we're not on bad terms anymore :D

No comments:

Post a Comment