Thursday, December 24, 2009

Jingle bells, monkey smells....

I did it, I got home! Four days ago to be precise, but I was too busy being happy to find time to write here. The journey home was a nightmare, almost as bad as when we travelled the first time. We left Aberystwyth at 5:30pm on Saturday, arrived at Gatwick airport at around 12 something aaand spent almost 13 hours there. I almost went insane – we couldn’t even sleep properly, ‘cause there were announcements on the airport speaker every 5 minutes. I alternated reading, listening to music and sleeping, but still couldn’t stand the damn waiting. When it finally was time to check in the luggage, it turned out we were at the wrong terminal – so we took a shuttle to ours, checked in and once again we had to wait. There were delays the whole day and a lot of flights were cancelled – I’m more than happy they didn’t cancel ours, because waiting a lot of time to get home is much better than not getting home at all. So 2 hours later we finally took off. My mom was waiting at the airport – I started to cry the minute I saw her – almost 48 hours of travelling with barely no sleep and 3 months of waiting were all worth it. I don’t even want to think about going back right now. Everything is just the way it was – it’s like I never left. No matter how much better it is in the UK, I prefer to be home…

Right, no more sad thoughts, it’s Christmas Eve! I caught The Nightmare Before Christmas last night on TV – never, in a million years, would I have thought I’d see it on Bulgarian television – my Christmas mood awakened right away! Which doesn’t mean I won’t see it again tonight or tomorrow – that’s become my tradition. I bought the collector’s DVD edition from the airport…. ANOTHER one. And now I have two collector’s DVD editions – I just can’t control myself when it’s about that movie, it’s one of the few things I completely adore. That’s why I don’t watch it with other people – I won’t let anyone ruin that too.

I went to my old school with one of my friends to see our teachers – I love when someone is happy to see me from time to time. I’m not an attention whore but every once in a while it feels great to not feel ignored. That’s one of the reasons I’m more than happy I’m finally home. Now I have to give everyone their presents so I can feel happy from that too. And I still don’t care if I don’t get anything in return – 3 months taught me your family is more important. And your friends too, at least the few I got left. My New Year resolution will be to try NOT to lose so many friends… Sad thoughts again >.< That’s why I stop writing here and I’m going to help my mom with the cooking! ^^

P.S. – I love my Christmas tree!



P.S. 2 - I almost forgot to post my interpretation of the story "The Night before Christmas"... or a small part of it:

'Twas the NightMare before Christmas, when all through the loss not a creature was stirring, not even a ghost. The stockings were hung by the chimney without care, in hopes that Sandy Claws soon would be there... But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight, "Terrible Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!"

No comments:

Post a Comment