Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Blabbily, blabbily, blah

… I had a point a few hours ago, and now it’s gone. That’s what happens when I’m thinking of writing here for a few days and end up NOT doing it. Anyway, I have a lot of other points to make, so you’ll have to bear with that. First of all, my CDs collection increased again – with 30 Seconds To Mars’s “This Is War”. Great album! Can’t stop listening to “Stranger in a strange land”. As for the Christmas shopping, I think I’m done, but there are a few teeny tiny things left to get. I know Christmas have become too commercialized, but I’m not getting presents because I have to, oh, believe me, I would choose to do something more reasonable with my money than to get stuff that will eventually break. I’m doing it because I have a need to make people happy… which, I think, is a good thing. I don’t even care if they’ll get me something in return, I feel happy just by seeing them smile… even if this costs me bankruptcy.

Oh my dear, 13 more days…. It seems like the last days here are the hardest. I can’t stand it here anymore, everyone began to annoy me, every night I dream I’m already home, and it’s so real that when I wake up I get mad that I’m still stuck here. These last two weeks are going on for like forever. Can’t wait to write the effing report and start packing. Did I mention we have to sleep at the airport? Yeah, our train arrives at 1am and the flight is at 4pm the next day. I guess that would be… “fun”. I’ll have time to read the books I took from home which I haven’t opened since then.

Ah, I almost forgot – today is supposed to be Bulgaria’s university student’s day. If you ask me, it’s just another reason for them to get drunk. Besides, I don’t feel like partying on the day John Lennon was killed... (if I missed up the date, I'm gonna kill myself). I think they celebrate it here as well, but I still don’t care. “Parties”, the way most people understand it, are not my thing.

And I know it’s too late for me to say this, and many, many, many, many people have already said it, but…. VAMPIRES DON’T FUCKING SPARKLE!!!! When this piece of crap first came out, I didn’t think it would be a big deal… Now I’m beginning to develop a loathing against vampires. Here’s is something I can call commercialized. Everyone is obsessed with vampires now – what’s worse, they don’t even know what a real vampire is. Back home, I was sick of 13-year-old “spooky” girls drooling for some guy who apparently never washes his hair and sparkles like a diamond! It’s not that worse here, but the first thing you see on a bookshop’s window is the cover of a pathetic attempt to get rich fast. How come Anne Rice manages to write about vampires and doesn’t sell out? The vampire culture is supposed to be secretive and mysterious, and what did they do? They took it, chewed it, wrapped it in a pretty sparkling paper and turned it into the latest mainstream fashion! They managed to ruin another thing I like. Thank you, society! Thank you, Hollywood! Everywhere I look now, all everyone’s talking about is fucking Twilight (90%), True Blood, Vampire Diaries, Vampire Apprentice…. Some people will never learn not to stick their noses where it’s not their business. Vampire vegetarians… the last time I looked killing animals to feed yourself wasn’t considered vegetarianism. But what do I know, producers and writers know better, right? ….Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment