Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Prelude 12/21

I think I forgot to mention I’m home. Yeah, I was busy being happy, sorry about that. But I’m really grateful I managed to get home safely despite the bad weather. When I saw the snow in the morning on the 17th, I wanted to drop dead, really. We were supposed to get to the airport by car, but then we heard the motorways were closed and there were crashes, so we bought last minute train tickets. Seriously, those British have no idea what real snow is! They panic by the sight of 2 cm and all transport freezes – literally! Anyway, the train was late with 15 minutes, but it could have been more, so that’s okay. The problem was there were around 100 people at the station, and the train had only 3 coaches - we barely manage to jam in. A few stops later they attached two more coaches so we were able to find proper seats and have an actual room to breathe. But because of the delay, and the fact it took 15 minutes for everyone to get on the train at the station, we missed the next trains, and had to switch 4 other trains. Luckily, our tickets worked for all routes and we were at the airport in Manchester at around 11pm, our flight was at 6:45 in the morning so we had plenty of time to sit around and wait. Flying from Manchester was the best decision I’ve ever made. The only cancelled flights there were for Amsterdam and London, but everything else was okay. Our flight was one hour late, but it wasn’t because of the weather, it was something to do with the crew – our guess was they were still drunk and needed to get sober. xD Everything ran smoothly from then on, we landed in Sofia, my mom was waiting for me, we got a bus home and I arrived in my town around 8pm. I hadn’t slept for almost 2 days, but when I got home, I was fresh as a flower. I cried when I saw the lights and everything… I may sound like a baby, but I love my town – as small as it may be, as rude the people may get – it’s my home and nothing’s gonna change that.

By the way, today is the day the world is supposed to end, two years from now, according to the Mayans. BUT, it is also the day of winter solstice, which means it is officially winter now. I choose to ignore the first fact and focus on the second one. As I’m writing this, it’s not 21st anymore, but who cares – it’s winter! I wish it would snow again, because it started melting and it’s rather slippery on the streets, and I would really like to make a snowman and go to a sleigh ride again. That’s what I did my first day here, on Sunday – went sleighing with the kids, because I am one big kid inside!

No scribbles yet, but I’ll try to write one as a Christmas present – so the next post will come in around 3 days. Good night for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment