Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye, 2010, you were a bitch!

A few years ago, when I was still in high school, my New Year’s Resolution was to be a little less naive. Well, that came true and I turned out to be a lot more mistrustful than I wished for. And thinking about the past 2010 and what has happened, I see why I don’t let many people close to me anymore. If I have to recap again – I fell in love for the first time, and got my heart broken as a result; I had a job for the first time; my great grandmother passed away (I dream about her often, she always tells me she’s watching over me); I began my second year in university; I lost a few friends and gained some new ones… A lot of firsts when I look at it. Now, with less than 8 hours remaining till midnight, my New Year’s Resolution this time is to be a little more trusting towards new people. I wish to have the will to let more people in and to see that not all of them are bad and want to hurt me. I wish that despite all the pain, I’ll have the courage to move on and keep only the good memories. Wish everyone who has the misfortune to read this a successful New Year and all the happiness in the world! I’ll be back tomorrow (if I don’t forget) with the first 3 songs listened to in 2011. Only one year left till Judgement Day if you believe in that, so make the most of it!

1 comment:

  1. Misfortune of reading this? I've just spent almost an hour digging up my old blogger and editing it to make it a little up to date just so i can read your blogs :)
    I agree that 2010 was a bad year also.
    I hope however that I am one of the new people you wish to let in and be open with, I have no desire to hurt you or cause you pain quite the opposite actually.
    Anyways I'm off to read your amazing scribbles!

    ReplyDelete