Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I shot the prom queen


Aaaaand the prom's over too. The night we had expected for 5 years ended like 5 minutes. I couldn't believe it's happening and I now I have to cope with the thought it's all over. And I thought it would be a long night. I, who always gets early everywhere, got early at my own prom - actually I was the first one there, buuut at least I had the best prom date - with Wayne Static-like hair. While we were at school it was crazy - a whole bunch of people with so many cameras - "Look here! Now look there! Smile at the camera! Smile at the other camera! Turn around! Change your shoes! Walk the red carpet! Don't stop smiling!..." I felt like we're movie stars, and my mouth hurt from so much smiling. We got to the restaurant around 8:30pm and everyone spent the first one hour taking pictures with their friends and wondering who else to take pictures with. After that, the time just flew. I even danced to things I would never imagine even listening to. And suddenly, with the click of the fingers, it was 2:30am. Most of the people went to the disco, some friends and I began to walk around the town and finally went to the only open gas station to have some coffee and hot chocolate. We stayed till 5 and when it began to dawn, we decided to quit waiting till 8 to go and ruin the classes at school. Instead, we spent an hour shivering and looking for a taxi to go home and get some damn sleep. Those damn cabs are nowhere to be found when you need one at 6 o'clock in the morning! Finally we saw one and I got in. Of course, it was locked at home and I had to go in the summer kitchen and fell asleep with the most uncomfortable dress. I woke up after two hours only to change beds. After 6 more hours I realized they weren't enough 'cause I've been sour since then. Now I have one looong summer to sleep it out, see my friends as many times as I can and do whatever I can think of before leaving for university. I'm telling you, the only problem with time is that it passes!
P.S. - I'm the redhead in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment