Monday, November 30, 2009

"You are my best friend, you are my only friend"

Okay, I’m not exactly done with all assignments. But I have the funniest report to do – I have to analyze songs! Which is exactly what I do with most AFI lyrics, so thank you for that, too, Davey! At least for that I’m prepared well. I wish I could choose the songs myself, but they listed them for us very conveniently. We have to see if there is a difference between the themes of lyrics from the 1950s and from 2000s. And imagine that, I have to analyze Rihanna’s “Umbrella”… ella, ella. xD They said the topic last year was about gangster rap, but some people found the lyrics TOO offensive and cried, so they had to change it to “What makes a number one hit?”. Well, it would be a fun pastime for the next 20 days. I have to write it now, ‘cause the deadline is the 11th of January and I won’t be here – I’ll be one extra week home. But at least I’ll have done it and won’t worry about it.

We’re going to a fair tonight. I’m not sure what the fairs here look like, but they’re probably like ours, without the crappy music and all the garbage… I hope! I’m also planning to start doing some Christmas shopping – I’m definitely not spending all my money on presents, but everyone I love will get something…. even if it’s the last thing they’ll get from me.

I watched “Mary and Max” the other night… and I cried like a baby! AGAIN! Something’s seriously wrong with me, ‘cause I’ve been crying to all animations I watch these days. We went to see “Up!” on 3D last week and I didn’t stop crying during almost the whole movie. I’m glad I had glassed on so no one saw me. Or maybe they’ve started to make the animations sadder. I have to make a list of all animations I’ve cried to. Let’s see:

1.Wall-E – check
2.Up! – check
3.Mary and Max – check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkUI3SZyKCs
4.Kung Fu Panda - check
5.Lion King – check, check, check (whaat, I watched it last week, still counts)

Or probably it’s just me….. that would make more sense, I’m bipolar after all. xD
This is the most informative post I’ve written in a while, so it’s time for me to shut up and go examine my lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment