Sunday, April 26, 2009

April 31st

So I've been thinking of writing something ironic and sarcastic, something fun, and.... I still haven't written it. But I will! I promise, I will, I just need a few more ideas. Instead, I wrote something with the intention to be childishly jolly, but when I finished it and read it, it made me sad. And still does. I don't know, I just came up with it, and it was easy to write, maybe because I have the mind of a 5-year-old and all 5-year-olds dream of simple things that are not that difficult to be done, and still most of them never become true. That's how I came up with the title. And, yes, I know there is no such date - that's exactly what I was aiming at. Have a nice reading, people. :]

Hey, look! It's spring already!
And everything will be fine, right?
Just like you told me?

And the children will be swinging,
they'll be innocent again,
and we'll be dancing like we're crazy
in the fields, under the rain

And we'll be drawing on the walls
like we're 5-year-olds,
and for a day we'll be one,
and for a day no one will fall

And our dreams will come true,
and we'll run with no shoes,
we'll be singing on the roof,
the sky will be completely blue

We won't be scared anymore,
we won't fear anything at all,
stars will lead us with their glow,
there'll be no abysses below

All the troubles in the world
will be buried with three words,
and for once we won't be scums,
there'll be no wars and they won't be whores

Time will stop at 13 o'clock,
no forth, no back, no more tic-tac
Hell and heaven will not matter,
there'll be no before, there'll be no after

And the waves will come to say "Hi"
and the sea won't wash us over by
The sun will keep us warm and dry
we'll chase sunbeams to catch the rye...

Oh, look - it's spring already...
And everything will be fine, right?
Just like you told me.......


P.S. - Hey, I have a bench swing! My mom and I wanted one so much and my parents finally bought it yesterday. We put it together... a couple of times. And then we had to put the swing itself inside 'cause it started to rain, and still is. But it'll be great in summer - I'll have a cool place to read. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment