Friday, February 20, 2009

A Winter's Tale...

Finally a snow storm - the way it should be. I had to wait till February, but the blizzard is in the house! (Or outside the house maybe) Even though my mom, my aunt, my dad and I spent half an hour trying to set the car free from all the snow preventing it from taking us home. So there we are, with shovels, I'm cleaning the windows for my dad to see where the car is going, the tires go the other way, from one snow-drift to another, he shouts at me for some reason, like it's all my fault the car's stuck and it can't stop snowing.... and people pass by, watch us trudging and do NOTHING! Finally one guy stopped to help push the car, after 10 more minutes another one stopped and they all managed to push it in the right direction. I'm getting the feeling my dad won't want to have anything to do with my uncle's car anymore. About 4 years ago we took his other car for our summer vacation... on the way back its engine practically died half an hour after we had set off to home. We had to leave it at a gas station and go back by bus. And now that Mercedes thingy afraid of the snow made my dad take it all out on me. Not that it hasn't happened before, but I don't care anymore - the scars are almost gone anyway. But the thing that made me think is how people become more and more selfish and unsympathetic. About 5 or 6 people passed by before the other two, they just cast a glance at us and go on. I can't blame them - they were watching their kids sleighing, what do they care about someone's misery. But I really thank those guys, that took some of their time to help us - otherwise it would have been another hour or even more in that snowstorm, listening to my father's cursing and swearing. Still, I find that story overall as amusing. And I STILL loooooooooove (like) winter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment